Search our latest job vacancies.Read more
Get in touch with us today.Read more
PUMA IWS V8 Super School Promotion Terms and Conditions:
1. Information regarding prizes and how to enter forms part of these conditions. By entering, entrants accept these conditions.
2. This promotion is only open to Australian residents who are:
a. aged 18 and over;
b. an owner or principal of an Independent Workshop Site (Principal) that uses, sells or stocks Castrol products and is operating in Australia for the duration of the Promotion Period (Participating Business); and
c. able to take the prize between 15/07/14 and 01/12/14 (inclusive) (or able to transfer the prize to another principal or staff member of the Participating Business who is able to take the prize between those dates).
Directors, management and employees (and the immediate families of directors, management and employees) of the Promoter or of the companies or agencies associated with this promotion (excluding Principals) are ineligible to enter.
3. The promotion starts at 12.01am (local time) on 01/04/14 and closes at 11.59pm (local time) on 30/06/14 (Promotion Period).
4. During the Promotion Period, a Principal’s Participating Business must place an order with the Promoter for a minimum of 1 x 205L of Castrol Professional products as set out below (orders can be made in separate transactions). The Participating Business will receive automatic entries into the draw as follows:
a. 1 entry into the draw for each 205L purchase of ANY GTX Professional by the Participating Business;
b. 2 entries into the draw for each 205L purchase of ANY MAGNATEC Professional or EDGE Professional variant by the Participating Business.
5. The Participating Business will only be eligible to receive entries (as set out above) into the draw once the Participating Business has placed an order for at least 1 purchase of participating 205L products. Orders can be placed in separate transactions. Entries must be received by the Promoter during the Promotion Period. Entries are deemed to be received at the time an order is received by the Promoter’s database and the Promoter has generated an invoice for that order, not at the time of submission by the Participating Business. The Promoter is not liable for late, lost, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, delayed, illegible, corrupted or misdirected entries, claims or correspondence due to error, omission, tampering, deletion, theft, communications failure or otherwise. The Promoter has no control over communications networks and is not liable for any problems associated with them due to traffic congestion, technical malfunction or otherwise. The Promoter is not liable for any consequences of user error including (without limitation) costs incurred.
6. A draw will be conducted at 12noon (AEST) on 15/07/14 at the Puma Energy Australia offices located at Level 1, North Tower, Green Square, 515 St. Paul’s Terrace, Fortitude Valley, Brisbane, 4006 QLD. The first four entries randomly drawn from all valid entries received (excluding previous winning entries) will each win a prize.
7. There are 4 prizes to be won. Each prize will be awarded to the Principal of the Participating Business. The Principal of the winning Participating Business must nominate who will be the winner of the prize. The nominated person must be a staff member of the Participating Business and will be known as the ‘winner’ for the purpose of these terms and conditions of entry. The Principal must notify the Promoter who the nominated person is within the time specified by the Promoter. The Principal may nominate themselves as the winner. If there are multiple Principals of a Participating Business, the Promoter will determine which of those Principals is deemed the winner of the prize for that Participating Business.
8. The Participating Business and the winners will be notified by phone and in writing within 2 days of the draw and the winner will have their name and state/territory of residence will be published on pumaenergy.com.au on 20/07/14. By entering this promotion, each entrant requests that his or her full address not be published.
9. The winners will have until 5.00pm (AEST) on 30/07/14 to claim their prize. If, after making all reasonable attempts, the Promoter cannot contact a drawn winner by this date and time or the Principal or Participating Business has not nominated a winner, the Promoter reserves the right to discard that entry and to draw another winner at 10.00am (AEST) on 10/08/14 at the same location as the original draw as necessary to distribute the prize, subject to any requirements of any gaming authority. Any winner(s) in this draw will be notified by phone and in writing and will have their name(s) and state/territory of residence published on pumaenergy.com.au on 15/08/14.
10. Each prize is a trip for the winner and one companion (who must be aged 18 years or over) to the Gold Coast to participate in a Castrol EDGE V8 Super School experience valued at up to $4,600 (inc GST)
11. The total prize pool is valued at up to $18,400 (inc GST).
12. In order to participate in the Castrol Edge V8 Super School activity, the winners and their companions must hold a current driver’s licence (provisional and international licences accepted at the discretion of Castrol Edge V8 Superschool) and must be able to drive a manual car. Licences in a language other than English, must be accompanied by an English translation. Licences must be presented on the day of the event.
13. All entrants acknowledge that there are inherent risks in some aspects of the prize and that using the prize involves participating in dangerous activities. By entering this promotion and/or accepting the prize, winners and their companion accept that risk.
14. Identification considered suitable for verification is at the Promoter’s discretion.
15. The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense, damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with this promotion or accepting or using any prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law).
16. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
17. In order to participate in the Castrol EDGE V8 Super School activity, the winners and their companions must be aged 18 or over and comply with applicable height, weight, health, fitness and any other requirements normally associated with a particular activity. The winners and their companions must each weigh less than 110kg and their height must not be more than 6 foot 4 inches. It is the winner’s responsibility to ensure that they and their companion are sufficiently healthy and fit so as to safely undertake the activity awarded as part of the prize. The Promoter and/or V8 Super School reserves the right to deem that a winner and their companion are not sufficiently healthy or fit. The winners must comply with all requirements and directions of the people responsible for the conduct of the Castrol EDGE V8 Super School activity and must ensure that their companion also complies.
18. For safety regulations, all the winners and companions must wear a race suit and helmet (which will be provided) and the winner and their companion must wear closed in shoes.
19. Drivers must have a zero blood alcohol level and not be under the influence of any substances, or illegal drugs.
20. All winners and their companions must sign an indemnity and exclusion of liability form (provided by the Promoter) in favour of all parties involved in this promotion and/or providing the prize prior to undertaking the activity included in the prize. If a winner or their nominated companion does not sign the form provided by the Promoter within the time requested by the Promoter, the winner’s entry will be deemed invalid.
21. This prize is not suitable for pregnant women or anyone with certain medical conditions. It is the winner’s responsibility to check with their medical practitioner as to whether the medical condition affects their ability to undertake the experience.
22. The Promoter may require winners to provide proof of identity, proof of age and proof of residency and proof that they are a staff member of a Participating Business. Identification considered suitable for verification is at the Promoter’s discretion.
23. Principals, Staff members of a Participating Business, winners and their companions and any person who participates in the prize must at the Promoter’s request, participate in all promotional activity (such as publicity and photography) surrounding the winning of any prize, free of charge, and they consent to the Promoter using their name and image in promotional material.
24. If a winning entry is deemed not to comply with these conditions of entry including if a winner is unable to take the prize between 15/07/14 and 15/08/14, the entry will be discarded and a new winner of that prize will be determined by drawing a further valid entry in accordance with paragraph 6.
25. Prizes are not transferable, exchangeable or redeemable for cash or other products. If for any reason a prize winner does not take an element of a prize at the time stipulated by the Promoter then that element of the prize will be forfeited by the prize winners and cash will not be supplied in lieu of that element of the prize. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in prize value. If a prize or any element of a major prize is unavailable for any reason, the Promoter may substitute for that prize or element of that prize another item of equal or higher value as determined by the Promoter subject to the requirements of the gaming authority in each state and territory, if required.
26. Without limiting the previous paragraph, if the V8 Super School event is abandoned, called off or postponed for any reason, the prize winners forfeit that element of the prize and no cash or alternative tickets will be substituted for that element of the prize. Winners will still receive all other components of the prize including flights and accommodation provided that such prizes must still be taken on dates to be specified by the Promoter.
27. The Promoter may, in its sole discretion, disqualify and prohibit further participation in this promotion by any person who tampers with or benefits from any tampering with the operation of the promotion or acts in violation of these conditions, acts in a disruptive manner or acts with the intent or effect of annoying, abusing, threatening or harassing any other person. The Promoter may in its absolute discretion cancel a prize or otherwise cease to provide any benefit of a prize to a prize winner if the prize winner, in the opinion of the Promoter, is under the influence of alcohol or any other drug, behaves aggressively or offensively, or behaves in a manner which may diminish the good name or reputation of the Promoter or any of its related bodies corporate or the agencies or companies associated with this competition, is contrary to law or is otherwise inappropriate.
28. If the Promoter (in its sole discretion) deems that a Participating Business has failed to comply with these conditions of entry (including if the Participating Business is or has ever been in breach of its credit arrangements with the Promoter such that the Promoter in its absolute discretion judges the Participating Business to have a poor credit history or be a poor credit risk) the Promoter (in its absolute discretion) may disqualify the Participating Business from participating in this promotion.
29. The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense, damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with this competition or accepting or using any prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law). Nothing in these conditions restricts, excludes or modifies or purports to restrict, exclude or modify any statutory consumer rights under any applicable law including the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth).
30. Without limiting the previous paragraph, the Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any damage or delay in transit to prizes.
31. As a condition of accepting or participating in any prize, the winners’ companions accept these conditions.
32. If for any reason any aspect of this promotion is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of computer virus, communications network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failure or any cause beyond the control of the Promoter, the Promoter may in its sole discretion cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion subject to the requirements of the gaming authority in each state and territory, if required.
33. The Promoter does not accept any responsibility for any tax implications, including fringe benefits tax implications that may arise. Independent financial advice should be sought. Where the operation of the promotion results in supplies being made for non-monetary consideration (for the purposes of GST), participants agree to follow the Australian Taxation Office’s stated view that where the parties are at arm’s length, goods and services exchanged are of equal GST inclusive market values.
34. All entries will be the property of the Promoter. The information entrants provide will be used by the Promoter for the purpose of conducting this Promotion. The Promoter may disclose entrants’ personal information to its contractors and agents to assist in conducting this Promotion or communicating with entrants. By entering this Promotion, entrants consent to receiving SMS or email messages from the Promoter. The Promoter is bound by the National Privacy Principles in the Privacy Act 1988. Entrants can request access to the personal information the Promoter holds about them and obtain a copy of the Promoter’s privacy policies by visiting www.pumaenergy.com.au
35. The Promoter is Neumann Petroleum Pty Ltd (ABN: 76073931674, ACN: 073 931 674) having its principal office at Level 1, 515 St Pauls Terrace, Fortitude Valley, QLD 4006. Phone: (07) 3457 2500
36. Authorised under NSW Permit No. LTPS/14/01846